Pizza makers: compete with your specialty pie!
By Colleen Cross
Do you make a holiday or seasonally inspired pizza? A Super Bowl pizza? A Canada 150 pizza? An Easter-themed dessert pizza? Whatever the special occasion, we need your pies! This year at the Canadian Pizza Show, we are highlighting holiday pizzas in a fun lunchtime Seasonal Pizza Challenge.
Do you have special pie you make for holidays at your pizzeria? Or are you a pizza chef who is simply feeling creative? Good news! There is still time to sign up for our Seasonal Pizza Challenge.
This exciting bake-off will reward the top seasonal specialty pizza with a fabulous prize of 5,000 custom-designed, printed flyers!
If you’re not inclined to bake, you can still get involved as an audience. Learn the stories behind some of Canada’s most creative pizzas and talk about marketing concepts and strategies for playing up your seasonal or signature pie. Taste mouthwatering themed pies and cast your vote for the best!
Share your own ideas and success stories and bring along photos and promotional material to illustrate your efforts! Marketing expert Diana Cline will co-host this fun competition and we’ll explore such questions as:
· Is there a market for themed pizzas?
· What themed pizzas sell well at other pizzerias?
· How do I come up with an appealing holiday-themed pizza?
· What’s popular with different age groups?
· When do I begin promoting it?
· How should I promote it?
· How can I make the most of ingredients already on hand?
· What’s the best way to tell the story of my signature pizza?
· How much should I charge?
We also still have room in the Chef of the Year Traditional and Open divisions, Great Pizza Box Fold-Off and Sheeter Beater Challenge. If you act fast, you can still get in on the fun!