Bakery show to co-locate with Pizza Expo
By Canadian Pizza
By Canadian Pizza
Louisville, KY – Emerald Expositions will launch an International Artisan Bakery Expo alongside its International Pizza Expo, March 5-7, 2019, at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“For the first time in more than a decade, the artisan and retail bakers will have annual trade show focused on their unique businesses,” said Peter Lachapelle, vice-president of Food Group for Emerald Expositions, in a news release. “The show will seek to marry a new breed of baker, the artisan baker, selling high-quality, unpackaged baked goods with the supplier representatives of the ingredients and equipment they use.”
The Artisan Bakery Expo is designed for the artisan baker offering fresh, unpackaged products sold through specialty retail bakeries, in-store bakeries, bakery cafés, other foodservice operations and intermediate wholesale bakers.
The event will be co-located with the International Pizza Expo. Attendees will have complete access to Pizza Expo’s show floor, demonstrations, seminars and networking events.
“Compared to other industry events, the International Artisan Bakery Expo is not only a fresh concept aimed at today’s artisan baking community, it’s an unmatched value,” said Peter Lachapelle, Show Director. “We’re uniquely positioned to offer valuable content early enough in 2019 that businesses can be positively affected by what is learned at IABE.”
To curate a superior educational component, the Artisan Bakery Expo has partnered with the Bread Bakers Guild of America (BBGA) and American Cake Decorating Magazine (ACD) to design seminars and demonstrations for artisan bakers, led by artisan bakers.
Educational sessions include:
- The Future of Bread with Peter Reinhart
- So, You Want to Open an Artisan Bakery? with Stanley Ginsberg
- Good Bread is Good for You with Tom Gumpel
- Beautiful Folds of Flavor / Lamination 101 with Jeremy Gadouas
- Recruiting and Retaining Employees with Leslie Mackie and Scott France
- Maintaining Margins in a Specialty Bakery with Amy Scherber and Sharon Burns-Leader
- The Right Product Mix in a Bakery Café with Solveig Tofte and Rachel Wyman
- Marketing High-End Cakes with Rebekah Wilbur
- Remember the Chocolate with Jorg Amsler
- Working with Ancient Grains with Ciril Hitz