"Food and romance go hand in hand," said Pat Finelli, chief marketing officer at Pizza Pizza, in a news release. "While everyone has their own preference on how to celebrate, our pizza shaped like a heart is a cheesy favourite among those who order in."
Some other interesting findings from the Canada-wide survey:
- 81 per cent of Canadians celebrate Valentine's Day: among those, 61 per cent have a date, 32 per cent don't, and five per cent said they "have a date with pizza."
- Quebecers who celebrate Valentine's Day are significantly more likely to consider fondue and cheese romantic foods, while the rest of Canadians are more likely to consider pizza, pasta, seafood and steak to be romantic.
- Residents of Quebec are more likely to have a date on Valentine's Day.
- 14 per cent of Canadians who celebrate Valentine's Day consider pizza to be a romantic food.
- Of those staying home, 20 per cent will order in.