B.C. strengthens COVID-19 measures including limiting restaurant table sizes to 6
By Canadian PizzaCOVID-19 Updates News Business and Operations Health & Safety
British Columbia’s health officer is implementing additional measures to address rising COVID-19 case counts in an effort reduce the potential to overstress the health-care system.
Revised provincial health officer orders will take effect on Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
The restrictions will extend to Jan. 18, 2022, at 11:59 p.m., and include:
- no organized indoor social events and gatherings of any size
- concerts, sports games and theatres reduced to 50 per cent seated capacity, regardless of venue size
- closing gyms, fitness centres and dance studios
- closing bars and nightclubs
- limiting table sizes at restaurants, cafes and pubs to a maximum of six people per table with physical distancing or barriers
These restrictions are in addition to the revised orders that took effect on Monday, Dec. 20.
Print this page