‘Women in Pizza’ group aims to showcase and connect women working in the pizza industry worldwide
By Canadian PizzaFeatures News Business and Operations Profiles
Women in Pizza is a movement that empowers women in the pizza industry to share their stories, display their talents, inspire innovations, and connect with one another and the world. Their contribution to the pizza community has and will continue to be vital to the advancement of the pizza industry.
Started by Alexandra Mortati of Orlando Food Sales in 2018, the group’s vision is to grow a social movement that gives a voice to the under-represented female segment of pizzaioli: “We hope to inspire more women to follow their pizza passion and join the industry,” Mortati says.
Women in Pizza aims to provide a platform for women in the pizza industry to do many things:
- Tell their stories and showcase their talent
- Promote the talent and innovations of female pizza makers by showcasing their achievements and influence
- Strive to normalize the sight of women in the pizza industry
- Create a network of women in pizza and connect them with each other, other industry figures and consumers
- Support the food and beverage industries by highlighting key talent and encouraging female participation
The group has held panels at the International Pizza Expo in Las Veagas, pop-up events and online one-on-one conversations, and is planning more events in future.
To learn more or join the Women in Pizza movement, visit womeninpizza.com.
Print this page