Canadian Pizza Virtual Summit 2020
October 19, 2020 at
Great Pizza Box Fold-Off
Sponsored by Lallemand Baking
Three fast-folding finalists – chosen from submitted, timed videos – will compete by folding 10 large boxes in a timed showdown. The folder with the best time will pocket $100 and be featured in Canadian Pizza magazine! See details and rules here!
GREAT PIZZA BOX FOLD-OFF DETAILS AND RULES
Three fast folders – our finalists – will compete by folding 10 large boxes. The folder with the best time for folding 10 large boxes will be featured in Canadian Pizza magazine and win $100 and an award to display in their pizzeria!
WHO CAN COMPETE? Open to Canadian owners, operators, managers and employees from Canadian pizzerias or restaurants that feature homemade (fresh) pizzas. Folders must be 14 years or older.
WHAT’S AT STAKE? (IN ADDITION TO MAJOR BRAGGING RIGHTS)
The winner will appear in Canadian Pizza magazine and receive $100 and an award to display in their pizzeria.
TIME: Three finalists will compete virtually on Monday, Oct. 19, 2020, near the end of the Virtual Canadian Pizza Summit. The winner will be announced at the end of the program. See up-to-date program.
SHOULD I ENTER?
• Want to show off your box-folding skills? Enter!
• Owners: Looking for a way to set your pizzeria apart from the rest? Enter!
• Managers: Want to motivate your employees? Encourage them to enter!
• Want to be featured in Canadian Pizza magazine? Enter!
• Want to have fun and win cash in a pizza industry setting? Enter!
HOW DO I ENTER?
Send a video of yourself folding 10 large (10 inches square or larger) pizza boxes at your pizzeria. A digital timer must be prominently displayed within the video in order to help confirm the times are valid and that folders are competing in real time. Virtual Summit organizers will use the videos to determine three finalists, so practise hard and give us your best attempt! Send your video entry now to Canadian Pizza editor Colleen Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IF I MAKE THE FINALS?
The three folders with the best times – our finalists – will be invited to COMPETE BY VIDEO IN REAL TIME at the Virtual Summit! Attendees will watch them fold 10 boxes simultaneously in an exciting final Fold-Off!
WHAT RULES DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Canadian Pizza employees and their family members are not eligible, nor are employees or representatives of advertisers, exhibitors, other suppliers to the industry or their affiliates.
- Finalists will compete at the same time (simultaneously).
- The final flap must be folded/tucked in.
- Canadian Pizza staff will time the competitors. To assist, a digital timer must be prominently displayed at the location of each of the three competitors in order to help confirm the times are valid and that folders are competing in real time.
- Folded/completed boxes must to be piled next to the folder and visible on screen.
- Timed decisions are final.
- In the event of technical problems during the final Fold-Off that prevent a winner from being determined, the winner will be determined based on the previously submitted individual videos.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER?
The Great Pizza Box Fold-Off takes place at the Virtual Canadian Pizza Summit on Monday, Oct. 19, 2020. There is no limit to the number of entries but the DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS OCT. 12 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Canadian Pizza does not guarantee entries received after Oct. 12.