The poll found more than one in three Canadians treat themselves to a cheat meal each week.
While some may associate cheat days with indulgent foods like deep dish pizza or pasta, almost 70 per cent Canadians say they would prefer to eat “healthier” versions of their favourite foods.
To meet this demand, Boston Pizza launched five thin-crust pizzas: Bianca, Skinny Carnivore, Fiesta Chicken, Cherry Bomb Margherita and Pizza Bella.
“With these new creations containing much less calories, fat and carbs than our regular pizzas, our signature new recipes are lighter and will provide people with the perfect excuse to treat themselves to pizza on their cheat day,” said Jordan Holm, president of Boston Pizza International Inc.
The restaurant chain is giving away 10,000 of the new pizzas to current and new MyBP loyalty members this week. The first 10,000 customers to claim a free pizza will have their free pizza loaded to their MyBP account, and may redeem it at their local Boston Pizza either by printing the offer coupon or downloading the free Boston Pizza MyBP app.
The new pizzas are available in small and medium sizes and will be a permanent menu item. The recipes include:
- Potato Bianca – Sliced mini potatoes, caramelized onions, goat cheese, drizzle of honey, mozzarella, Alfredo sauce, garlic puree, sesame seeds, pizza spices
- Skinny Carnivore – Genoa salami, smoked prosciutto, barrel-aged Sriracha, bocconcini cheese, balsamic-roasted cherry tomatoes, sesame seeds, lime zest, fresh parmesan
- Fiesta Chicken – Honey citrus chicken, gouda, provolone, feta, mozzarella, red onion, chili flakes, drizzle of avocado citrus ranch, fresh Parmesan
- Cherry Bomb Margherita – Balsamic-roasted cherry tomatoes, bocconcini cheese, fresh basil, garlic, pizza spices, fresh parmesan
- Pizza Bella – Smoked prosciutto, gouda, provolone, mozzarella, fresh arugula, fresh parmesan