Business and Operations
Restaurants Canada Show goes virtual
By Canadian Pizza
By Canadian Pizza
Toronto – After months of listening, learning and supporting the foodservice industry through the COVID-19 pandemic, Restaurants Canada is officially launching the RC Show 2021 “Online Live.”
This year’s show aims to reunite the industry and prepare businesses for what lies ahead while introducing a new three-year international buyers program that will bring influential speakers and buyers from around the world to do business and help the industry recover, the association said in a news release.
From Feb. 28 to March 3, the 2021 RC Show will expand to four days to allow for more solution-based content, aligned with smaller RC Hospitality Week events. Restaurants Canada invites chefs, baristas, bartenders, sommeliers, foodservice operators, distributors, brokers, retailers and buyers to join live and participate in this annual foodservice event.
“2020 has been a devastating year for the foodservice industry and we have to adapt and adjust at a faster rate than ever before,” said Todd Barclay president and CEO of Restaurants Canada. “This is the time for our industry to rebuild, reinvent and reconnect. The RC Show will bring together some of the top speakers, biggest brands, innovators and cutting-edge products under the banner of RC’s ‘Feeding the Recovery’ campaign supporting our industry, people and planet.”
Activities and content will be supported by a Canadian-made technology, NexTech Inferno AR, that will allow the 2021 RC Show to host a large international audience and offer attendees the opportunity to customize their four-day experience. Attendees will have access to an interactive trade show floor with augmented reality and hologram demonstrations, chat-enabled exhibitor booths and video content sessions.
Features of the event include:
- A platform that includes augmented reality, business-to-business marketplace broadcast-quality conference platform and hologram technology
- Competition panels, education sessions, workshops with innovators and experts made available to an international audience
- Exhibitor booths with live chat, on-on-one meeting and networking rooms
- International buyers program to help attract global experts and buyers
- “Buyer kits” that will bring brands to life and provide interactive learning and tasting experiences
- Live and virtual Events in Toronto and across Canada that will provide networking and hospitality experiences led by top talent in our industry
Industry professionals can register at rcshow.com for special pricing and incentives available from Nov. 30 until Jan. 31.