Wild Blueberry Pizza
Toronto – If you're looking to add a fruit or dessert to your menu, check out this innovative recipe, which comes courtesy of 2013 Canadian Pizza Chef of the Year Rocco Agostino of Pizzeria Libretto in Toronto in co-operation with the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
· 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
· 1/2 cup wild blueberries
· 1/4 cup sugar
· Zest of 2 lemons
· 2 tbsp honey
· 1 tbsp chopped mint
· 1 pizza dough
1. Mix the sugar and lemon zest and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 F. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
3. Stretch out the dough to 12 inches.
4. Place the mascarpone cheese evenly on the pizza dough.
5. Place the wild blueberries evenly on the pizza.
6. Add 1/2 of the lemon sugar.
7. Place the pizza in the oven and bake until the pizza is cooked at 500 F for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Add the honey and the chopped mint. Cut into four slices and enjoy.
At all Pizzeria Libretto locations, we sell our dough. We recommend using Pizzeria Libretto dough to achieve the same results. However, feel free to try this recipe with your own homemade dough or any store bought version.
This recipe appears courtesy of the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
Top 10 reasons to compete in the Canadian Pizza Chef of the Year competitionsMississauga, Ont. – In case you were wondering why you…
B.C. business makes 100% Canadian EVOOSalt Spring Island, B.C. – A farm on Salt Spring…
Tips for avoiding an e. coli infection from flourConsumer Reports offers food safety tips on handling flour in…
17 summer pizza recipesSan Francisco, CA – These 17 bright and beautiful pizza…
Blaze Pizza touted as fastest-growing restaurant chain everPasadena, CA – After opening its 200th location in four…
July 25-28, 2017
Canadian Pizza Show
October 16, 2017
Pizza & Pasta Northeast
October 17-18, 2017
Host Milano equipment, coffee and food exhibition
October 20-24, 2017
Canadian Food & Drink Summit 2017
December 5-6, 2017
International Pizza Expo
March 20-22, 2018