Wild Blueberry Pizza
Toronto – If you're looking to add a fruit or dessert to your menu, check out this innovative recipe, which comes courtesy of 2013 Canadian Pizza Chef of the Year Rocco Agostino of Pizzeria Libretto in Toronto in co-operation with the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
· 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
· 1/2 cup wild blueberries
· 1/4 cup sugar
· Zest of 2 lemons
· 2 tbsp honey
· 1 tbsp chopped mint
· 1 pizza dough
1. Mix the sugar and lemon zest and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 F. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
3. Stretch out the dough to 12 inches.
4. Place the mascarpone cheese evenly on the pizza dough.
5. Place the wild blueberries evenly on the pizza.
6. Add 1/2 of the lemon sugar.
7. Place the pizza in the oven and bake until the pizza is cooked at 500 F for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Add the honey and the chopped mint. Cut into four slices and enjoy.
At all Pizzeria Libretto locations, we sell our dough. We recommend using Pizzeria Libretto dough to achieve the same results. However, feel free to try this recipe with your own homemade dough or any store bought version.
This recipe appears courtesy of the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
Costco opens first Canadian business warehouseScarborough, Ont. – Commercial kitchen equipment takes the place of…
New pizzeria serves duck pizza in Thunder BayThunder Bay, Ont. – The owners of a new restaurant…
Who will sell European cheese in Canada?Ottawa – More European cheese is set to ship to…
CanadaStays partners with Domino’s on Canada’s 150th contestToronto – Vacation rental company and Domino's Pizza are teaming…
Why a P.E.I. chef ditched her menu to focus on handpiesBorden-Carleton, P.E.I. – A Prince Edward Island chef has had…
SIAL CanadaTue May 02, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Canadian Foodservice Summit Tue May 09, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
FIPAN 2017Tue Jul 25, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Canadian Pizza ShowMon Oct 16, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
Pizza & Pasta NortheastTue Oct 17, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM