Wild Blueberry Pizza
Toronto – If you're looking to add a fruit or dessert to your menu, check out this innovative recipe, which comes courtesy of 2013 Canadian Pizza Chef of the Year Rocco Agostino of Pizzeria Libretto in Toronto in co-operation with the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
· 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
· 1/2 cup wild blueberries
· 1/4 cup sugar
· Zest of 2 lemons
· 2 tbsp honey
· 1 tbsp chopped mint
· 1 pizza dough
1. Mix the sugar and lemon zest and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 F. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
3. Stretch out the dough to 12 inches.
4. Place the mascarpone cheese evenly on the pizza dough.
5. Place the wild blueberries evenly on the pizza.
6. Add 1/2 of the lemon sugar.
7. Place the pizza in the oven and bake until the pizza is cooked at 500 F for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Add the honey and the chopped mint. Cut into four slices and enjoy.
At all Pizzeria Libretto locations, we sell our dough. We recommend using Pizzeria Libretto dough to achieve the same results. However, feel free to try this recipe with your own homemade dough or any store bought version.
This recipe appears courtesy of the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
Pizzeria hit by three break-ins offers job to thievesVernon, B.C. – The owner of a Vernon, B.C., pizzeria believes…
Should Ont. employers be forced to declare tips? AnalysisOttawa – The Ontario government has introduced legislation to protect…
McGill Pizza in Montreal a student favouriteMontreal – McGill Pizza of Montreal has been a student…
P.E.I. restaurant owner catches fraudsters in their tracksSummerside, P.E.I. – A restauranteur in Summerside, P.E.I., is sharing…
Winnipeg pizza delivery driver confronts customer he says called him a terrorist during verbal attackWinnipeg – A Winnipeg pizza delivery driver is speaking out…
April 23, 2018
Bakery Showcase 2018
April 29-30, 2018
SIAL Canada and SET Canada Trade Show
May 2-4, 2018
Canadian Pizza Summit and Chef of the Year Competitions
October 15, 2018