The annual day celebrates the mathematical constant π (3.14159), which is used to find the the circumference of circles and the volume of spheres and cylinders.
Mushroom and Sausage PIzza
Total time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Yield: 2-3 pizzas
Difficulty level: Very easy
Ingredients for 2-3 pizzas:
500 grams of pizza dough (see Pizza Dough recipe)
200 grams of champignon mushrooms
150 grams mozzarella cheese
100 grams of sausage
- Preheat the pizza stone on an electric hob (maximum power) or on a gas hob (medium heat) or directly in the oven 240 C (500 F). The Pizza stone must be preheated for at least 15 minutes. Divide the dough into 2 or 3 equal balls.
- Roll out one ball of dough on a floured work surface with a flour covered rolling pin applying light pressure.
- While kneading the dough, cut out the circle of pizza using the Lagostina Pizza cutter.Top with finely chopped champignon mushrooms, chopped sausage and shredded mozzarella.
- Move the pizza on preheated pizza stone.
- Bake the pizza in the pre-heated oven at 220 C (425 F) for about 5 minutes. The pizza is ready when the topping is golden and bubbling and the dough along the edge is nice and crisp. Cut pizza into wedges.
Recipe to make homemade Italian pizza dough using pizza stone
Total time: 6-8 hours and 20 minutes
Preparation time: 20 min
Waiting time: 6-8 hours
Yield: 500 grams pizza dough enough to make 2-3 pizzas
Difficulty level: very easy
380 grams strong bread flour or Italian "00" flour
200 grams warm water
5 grams sugar
5 grams extra virgin olive oil
5 grams fine sea salt
7 grams fresh yeast
- In a bowl combine warm water, fresh yeast and extra-virgin olive oil. Mix well.
- Add half the flour. Mix everything well.
- Add the salt and sugar to the still wet dough. Mix well and add the rest of the flour.
- Continue to work the dough well with your hand until the dough becomes quite thick and no longer attaches to the surface of the bowl.
- At this point, put the dough on the floured work surface. Knead it well until it becomes a smooth, firm ball.
- Put the ball back into the bowl. Grease the surface of the ball with a small quantity of olive oil.
- Cover the bowl with cling film to prevent the surface of the dough from drying out.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place until the volume is doubled for about 6-8 hours. More rising time makes the pizza dough better and more digestible.
- Dough for real homemade Italian pizza is ready.