Five Halloween pizza treat ideas
Halloween is one of the busiest times of the year for the restaurant business given the fact that this day captivates children and adults alike.
I try to make it creative by introducing some crafty seasonal ingredients to inspire the Halloween spirit!
My top five menu options for Halloween are:
1. Creepy Bruschetta is made with toasted pumpernickel garnished with caramelized parsnips, carrots and cauliflower.
2. Strong Freddy Salad (inspired by Nightmare on Elm Street) is made with spinach greens, tossed with toasted pumpkin seeds, goat cheese and pears.
3. Bloody Carey consists of orange stuffed peppers filled with beet-infused risotto.
4. Mummy Pappardelle is pumpkin-flavoured ribbon pasta garnished with toasted walnuts and served in a brown butter sauce.
5. Pizza Myers (inspired by the Michael Myers character in the Halloween movies) is an olive oil-based pizza topped with roasted sweet potatoes and garlic finished with cranberries.
Pizza delivery sales spike on Halloween night and the nearest weekend, so I always like to add a promo like $2 off your next order.
Giorgio Taverniti owns Frank’s Pizza House in Toronto, which has been in his family since 1990. A graduate of George Brown College’s culinary management and Italian culinary programs, Giorgio helped found a popular pizza-making workshop at the college and ran it for three years.
Vegan pizza cookbook offers creative recipesA new vegan pizza recipe book provides everything you need…
Iconic pizzeria set to reopen in Brantford, Ont.Brantford, Ont. – Owners Gino and Bobbie-Sue Risi are working…
Canadians choose restaurants based on best online reviews: surveyToronto – Canadians look to online reviews first when choosing…
Naples' da Michele pizzeria opens location in HollywoodHollywood, CA – First-time restaurant owner and former film financier…
Restaurateur and pizzaiola Janet Zuccarini named Businesswoman of the Year by ICCOToronto – Janet Zuccarini, owner and CEO of Gusto 54…
Italian Heritage Month
June 1-30, 2019
Canadian Coffee and Tea Show
September 22-23, 2019
Toronto Franchise Show
October 5-6, 2019
Canadian Pizza Summit and Chef of the Year Competitions
October 21, 2019
Canadian Restaurant Leadership Summit
November 5, 2019