November 11, 2010, Abbotsford, B.C. – The new SpeedLine 6.2 release from SpeedLine Solutions delivers new point of sale capabilities specifically requested by restaurant chains and operators.
The new release also incorporates partnerships with Montera Payment Services and Paytronix Loyalty Systems, giving users more choice, flexibility and capability from SpeedLine’s point of sale software.
“The restaurant operators who use our products every day are key advisors in our ongoing development strategy,” said SpeedLine president John de Wolde. “For example, we developed the new SpeedLine HotBackup – one of hundreds of enhancements in this release – in response to customer feedback about the critical importance of data security in the restaurant.”
HotBackup is intended to act as insurance against unexpected hardware failures, backing up customer and transaction data every minute of every day. Custom options also allow restaurant operators to set up automatic backups for payroll and accounting files.
Additional features offered by SpeedLine 6.2 include:
- Caller ID timers, status alerts, and automation tools designed to help employees take orders and handle callbacks faster and more professionally.
- New menu options intended to improve the speed and accuracy of coupon tracking.
- A new electronic receiving interface that lets restaurant suppliers connect with SpeedLine Inventory. It also transmits detailed purchase order information to a chain’s head office for analysis of stock levels, costs and purchasing trends.
- Tools designed to help managers find and edit employee records more easily for speedy updates to jobs, skills, pay rates and security settings.
- A growing library of more than 50 online training videos and tutorials that provide in-depth training on the point of sale system’s planning, analysis, marketing and reporting tools.
“Any tool that improves speed of service has a direct impact on restaurant services. Likewise, a system with minimal training requirements gives restaurant managers more time to focus on key performance drivers,” said de Wolde. “The new release from SpeedLine drives profit in both ways.”
SpeedLine 6.2 includes full support for Windows 7, leveraging the latest security capabilities of the operating system. In addition, new support for the Microsoft OPOS standard gives SpeedLine users a choice of a much broader selection of brands and models.
Print this page