Pizza Summit East Guide and Chef of the Year Competition
By Canadian Pizza StaffFeatures Business and Operations In the Kitchen Techniques Trends
The Canadian Pizza Summit and Chef of the Year Competition are back!
This year we at Canadian Pizza are proud to bring you Pizza Summit East in Toronto, at Faema Canada’s Culinary Academy on Monday, Oct. 24!
Join us in person to see talented pizza chefs make the best, tastiest, most creative pizza, shine a light on their pizzeria and compete to win great prizes including a trip to compete at Vegas Pizza Expo in 2023!
You’ll have a chance to win a comprehensive Modernist Pizza three-book set delving into pizza trends and recipes!
One day in Toronto gets you:
- A month’s worth of trend research all in one place!
- The chance to watch the competitors up close and see what toppings and techniques they use.
- Pizza-focused exhibitors to listen and help solve your challenges.
- The perfect place to compare notes with pizzerias just like yours.
- Engaging gluten-free pizza demo.
- Random drawing to win a Modernist Pizza book set – every attendee has a chance to win!
- 9:30 a.m. – Registration
- 10:00 a.m. – Show opens
- 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Chef of the Year Competition, Flight 1
- 12:30 p.m.-1:00 p.m. – Lunch Break (Light Lunch provided courtesy Faema Canada)
- 12:45 p.m.-1:15 p.m. – Demo: Gluten-Free Pizza with Kirk Borchardt, Senior R&D Chef with Ardent Mills
- 1:15 p.m.-4:30 p.m. – Chef of the Year Competition, Flight 2
- 3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. – Great Pizza Box Fold-Off (email or call editor Colleen Cross for details on how to enter: email@example.com | 519-429-5227)
- 4:45 p.m. – Winners announced!
Meet the judges
- Diana Cline was twice Canadian Pizza chef of the year champion, three-time winner of “Canada’s Best Pizza Chef” at international pizza competitions and a judge for international pizza culinary competitions. Cline is known for her creative menus and award-winning Moosehead Beer pizza crust. She is partner with Diana’s Cucina & Lounge in Winnipeg and a consultant to other pizzeria owner/operators.
- Tom Stankiewicz has owned and operated Bondi’s Pizza in London, Ont., for 23 years – since 1999. Tom was our 2009 Chef of the Year with his Pizza Calabria featuring Italian sausage, Canadian goat cheese and grilled portobello mushrooms. For several years, Tom was involved with the Canadian Pizza Team. In recent years, he tackled diverse topics related to pizza and pizzeria management in his “Pizza on Fire” column in Canadian Pizza.
These are the judges confirmed so far. We thank them for giving us their valuable time and expertise and enthusiasm on this big day! Watch canadianpizzamag.com, our enewsletter and social media channels for information about judges.
- Annex Bookstore annexbookstore.com
- Ardent Mills (Gold Sponsor) ardentmills.com
- FaemaCanada/Euro-Milan Distributing (Platinum Sponsor) faema.ca
- Handtmann handtmann.ca
- Honey Bunny honeybunny.ca
- Kis Paper (Delegate Bag Sponsor) kispaper.ca
- Lactalis Canada (Silver Sponsor) parmalat.ca
- Lallemand lallemand.com
- Pizza Cloud pizzacloud.net
- Reiser (Bronze Sponsor) reiser.com
We can’t wait to connect with chefs, owners, operators and your staff at this one-of-a-kind Canadian industry event. The Summit takes place at Faema Culinary Academy, Faema Canada, 672 Dupont St., Toronto, Ont. M6G 1Z6. Register for the free event at canadianpizzashow.ca!
Print this page