P.E.I. to host Fall Flavours Festival
Colleen CrossNews fall flavours festival pei prince edward island
Charlottetown – Throughout September, Prince Edward Island will play host to the Fall Flavours Festival featuring celebrity chefs and culinary experiences.
Sobeys is the title sponsor and Atlantic Lottery Corporation the presenting sponsor of the event, which is intended to promote local products and support P.E.I. farmers and fishers.
Three new guest chefs will make their Festival debut at these events. Mallard Cottage’s Chef Todd Perrin will host Taste of Georgetown on Sept. 6. P.E.I. native Chef Charlotte Langley, known for her Maritime-chic cooking style, will host Taste of Tyne Valley on Sept. 20 and a special surprise chef will host Taste of North Rustico on Sept. 28, organizers said in a news release.
Taste of Coastal Communities events will showcase the island’s coastal communities and unique tastes from that region.
Two new VIP experiences will be added to the Taste of Coastal Communities lineup – one at the Top of the Park Restaurant featuring chef Andrew Smith and chef Antonio Park on Sept. 12, and another featuring chef Andrew Smith and chef Dustin Gallagher on Sept. 25.
The Festival also welcomes back popular chef hosts including Lynn Crawford, Mark McEwan, Danny Smiles, Corbin Tomaszeski, Chuck Hughes and Michael Smith for fourteen events.
- Le Festin acadien avec homard (Aug. 31, Chef Danny Smiles)
- Toe Taps & Taters (Sept. 7, Chef Michael Smith)
- Oysters on the Pier (Sept. 8, Chef Corbin)
- Lobster Party on the Beach (Sept. 9, Chef Mark McEwan)
- PEI International Shellfish Festival and Feast & Frolic (Sept. 13 – 16, Chef Lynn Crawford and Chef Michael Smith)
- Beef N’ Blues (Sept. 14, Chef Michael Smith)
- Savour Victoria (Sept. 21, Chef Chuck Hughes)
- Chuck & Friends (Sept. 23, Chef Chuck Hughes)
- Surf & Turf, Eastern PEI Style (Sept. 22, Chef Lynn Crawford)
- Great Big BBQ (Sept. 26, Chef Corbin)
- Ultimate Chef’s Table (Sept. 27, Chef Corbin)
- Harbour Feast (Sept. 29, Chef Chuck Hughes)
- Grilling and Chilling (Sept. 30, Chef Michael Smith)
For more information, visit fallflavours.ca.
Print this page