Ontario craft beer festival highlights independents
By Canadian Pizza
By Canadian Pizza
Toronto – Ontario Craft Brewers is hosting a weeklong raft of events aimed at celebrating the art and business of independent craft breweries.
The association’s 90-plus members, along with other independent craft brewers across the province, are holding various events and activities from Friday, June 8 until Sunday, June 17, 2018 (Father’s Day) in celebration of Ontario Craft Beer Week.
This year’s theme is Collective Brewing, the association said in a news release.
“Ontario’s craft beer industry strives to create an environment of collaboration and inclusiveness between all members, which is what makes this industry so special,” says Sarah Knox, marketing manager of Ontario Craft Brewers, and chair of Ontario Craft Beer Week 2018. “Craft brewing is an art, a science and a business, so this week gives everyone a chance to celebrate everything our craft brewers offer our province.”
The Ontario Craft Brewers members will host events on site in their brewery, as well as at local bars, restaurants and event venues throughout Ontario.
This week will include the following experiences:
- Father’s Day Ale Trail: The tour departs from The Wooly Pub and includes stops at Wellington Brewery, Royal City Brewing, and Brothers Brewing.
- Several tasting shows across the province: Including Session Toronto on Saturday, June 9, from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Yonge Dundas Square. This annual Toronto Ontario Craft Beer Week event features multiple OCB member breweries and ‘Collaboration Nation’, where craft breweries team with celebrity partners to create unique craft beers.
- Visit your local brewery: Tours, tastings and meeting the people behind the brands; brewmasters, owners, sales and production staff.
- Craft beer 101: Experience beer tastings and food pairings with the experts, including cheese, barbecue and chocolate.
- One-offs, keg swaps, casks and features: Taste new, creative and limited edition brews that are not normally available to public.
- Craft beer festivals: Join in on one of the many festivals happening during Ontario Craft Beer Week in multiple cities including the Kawartha Craft Beer Festival, Newmarket Craft Beer Festival and Ottawa Beer Festival.
- Pub crawls: Hook up with pals and brewery reps to taste your way through multiple craft-friendly licensees.
- Brewery tours: Contact breweries directly or sign up for a regional beer tour at one of several craft beer touring facilities in the Ontario.
Ontario Craft Brewers Week event listings are posted at ocbweek.ca.