Organizers of this year's show, dubbed "Canada Unleashed," have announced several culinary events are happening in conjunction with the annual trade show Feb. 26-28 at Toronto's Enercare Centre:
- Uniquely Canadian Food Experience: RC Nation’s Feast, curated by P.E.I. native, chef Charlotte Langley, unites notable chefs from each province to celebrate Canada’s best at a ticketed event held at Casa Loma. Participating chefs include Newfoundland & Labrador’s Todd Perrin of Mallard Cottage; Vancouver veteran Robert Belchamof Campagnolo; and co-chefs/owners of Alberta’s acclaimed CHARCUT Roast House, Connie DeSousa and John Jackson. The event honours Canada’s exceptional culinary masters by pairing a chef from each region with signature fare to highlight the country’s food landscape.
- RC Leadership Conference: Grow your business at a series of Business Builder sessions designed for independents, multi-unit operators or new startups. Sessions will inspire attendees, provide industry insight, and offer new ideas and strategies for success.
- Canada and World Pavilions: See a showcase of local products fromprovinces across the country. Discover our food mosaic and see how countries such as Japan, Italy, Mexico and the U.S. have helped shape it and continue to inspire creativity.
- Taste the Difference: Let your taste buds guide you. A bigger and bolder Shake & Sling Pavilion, and an all-new Tasting Lounge and Beer Garden will have you sampling chef-inspired cocktails, mocktails and perfect beer, sake or wine pairings.
- Menu Innovation: Discover new flavours and techniques that will take your menu to a whole new level. Culinary stage demos include: Seafood Revolution, Waste-Based Cooking, Canadian Beef Advantage, Importance of a Signature Dish, Cooking with Eggs and much more.