The space is designed to be an authentic experience for foodie tourists and locals, Square One Shopping Centre said in a news release. It will feature local, handmade and high-quality foods such as pies from The Pie Commission, Italian pasta from Dal Moro's Pasta and Neapolitan pizza from MidiCi.
The Food District will span more than 40,000 square feet. At its centre, The District Kitchen will be an interactive demonstration space that may be used for cooking classes, dinner parties, corporate and other special events.
The following is a list of merchants and eateries that will be part of the district:
- Arvinda's – Purveyors of easy-to-use, pre-packaged Indian spice blends.
- Bake Three Fifty – Build-your-own cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches and milkshakes.
- Blackjack BBQ – Best known for its Sweet Whisky Pork Ribs and Dinosaur Beef Ribs.
- Blossom Moments – Gorgeous bouquets, with arrangements for any occasion.
- BRØD – Delicious and authentic Danish pastry house.
- Craft Chippery – Where fresh, gourmet chips are made right in front of your eyes.
- Chocollata Gourmet – Specializing in Brazilian brigadeiros.
- Dal Moro's Pasta – Authentic pasta, made from scratch.
- Hale Coffee – Toronto-based specialty coffee roaster.
- Kingston Olive Oil Co. – Quality cooking oils, such as roasted almond and black truffle.
- La Carnita – Finest, to-go Mexican food.
- Ma's Best Quality Soup – Diverse variety of premium quality soups made with all-natural ingredients.
- MidiCi – Authentic Neapolitan pizza maker.
- Pier 87 Fish Market & Grill – Providing top quality, sustainable seafood.
- Plancha – Original, open-flamed Spanish cooking.
- Seed to Sausage – Charcuterie plate master, providing locally made, artisanal cured meats.
- Sugar King Factory – Destination for candy, chocolate and anything sweet.
- Sweet Jesus – Delicious ice cream shop with experiential flavour options.
- Tao Tea Leaf – Providing over 180 varieties of tea.
- The Box Donut – The finest and most decadent donuts.
- The Macaroon Boutique – Picture-perfect French desserts.
- The Pie Commission – Sultry, mouth-watering pies such as Beef'n Beer and Butter Chicken.
- The Wine Shop and Tasting Room – The best wines from the Niagara region, with offerings from Trius Winery, Wayne Gretzky Estates and more.
- Village Juicery – The go-to, cold-pressed juice destination.