McDonald’s Canada creating more than 2,700 jobs in Ontario
By Canadian Pizza
By Canadian Pizza
London, Ont. – McDonald’s Canada is rolling out a new guest experience at nearly 220 restaurants in Ontario, an initiative that will create more than 2,700 jobs and include self-order kiosks, build-your-own burgers and table service.
Ontario is the first region in Canada to complete the transformation to a modernized guest experience at participating restaurants, the company announced today in a news release. The update involves an investment of $200,000 to $250,000 per restaurant, with plans to create between 10 and 15 new jobs per restaurant.
“The future is now at McDonald’s across Ontario,” said Vic Rocca, regional vice-president for Ontario. “Our new restaurant experience is all about our guests and what they are looking for – from more traditional menu items to new customizable offerings. We invite Ontarians to taste and see for themselves what’s different at their local McDonald’s.”
Nearly 220 restaurants across Ontario now feature the new McDonald’s Canada “experience,” which includes five elements:
- McCafé Bakery: A selection of bakery items, including pastries, croissants and danishes, that are baked fresh daily in the restaurants and made with real butter.
- Enhanced guest experience: “Guest experience leaders” are on-hand to engage with guests – from hello to goodbye – to ensure a memorable dining experience. The introduction of self-order kiosks gives guests a modern opportunity to try their own hand at customizing their burger and ordering at their own pace.
- Investing in people: By the end of 2017, McDonald’s Canada expects to grow to 100,000 employees overall across its corporate and franchised restaurants. This commitment translates to between 10 and 15 new positions per restaurant.
- Customized menu options: The new “Build Your Own Burger” option lets guests personalize their own premium burger in five steps. Guests can choose from nearly 30 options including five cheeses, 12 toppings, two buns, a lettuce wrap and nine sauces. Customization will be introduced to approximately 1,000 restaurants across Canada by the end of 2017.
- Table service: Guests can now experience table delivery. Once a custom burger is ordered, guests can take a seat while they wait for one of the new dedicated wait staff to deliver their order right to their table.