Caribbean Jerk Pineapple Pizza
By Canadian PizzaFeatures In the Kitchen Recipes
Jerk marinade heats up chicken
Jerk marinade heats up chicken and pineapple recipe.
Yield: 2 Pizzas
6 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
6 oz. jerk marinade, prepared
4 oz. barbecue sauce
4 oz. mango chutney
12 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded
Fresh frozen mango halves, partially thawed and sliced
1 red onion, sliced
9-10 oz. Dole Tropical Gold Tidbits or pineapple chunks, drained
Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
• Marinate chicken thighs in jerk marinade in refrigerator for four hours or overnight. Remove from marinade; discard marinade.
• Bake chicken in 12×8-inch baking dish, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, at 350 F, 25 minutes, or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 F.
• Combine barbecue sauce and mango chutney in small saucepan to make pizza sauce. Simmer 10 minutes over low heat; stirring occasionally. Cool sauce 7 to 10 minutes.
• Spoon one half of the sauce over each pizza crust. Spread half the cheese over each pizza.
• Slice chicken. Top each pizza with sliced chicken, mango slices, red onion and pineapple chunks.
• Bake pizza at 375 F, 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cool two to three minutes; garnish with chopped cilantro.
Cut and serve.•
Print this page