Canadian Pizza Podcast: What you need to know about COVID-19 government financial programs
By Canadian PizzaCOVID-19 Updates News Business and Operations Finance Podcast canadian pizza podcast
As restaurants in some provinces slowly begin to reopen and others make plans to reopen, we thought it would be a good time to check in with funding expert Bonny Koabel for an update on COVID-19 financial compensation measures meant to help small businesses adversely affected by the shutdowns.
In this podcast we learn about:
- New developments in the Canadian Emergency Rental Assistance program.
- A government push for 10 paid sick days.
- Differences between the 75% Wage Subsidy and the 10% Wage Subsidy.
- Conditions of the Canada Emergency Response Benefit.
- Future government audits.
- A government hiring grant program offering businesses up to $6,000.
Bonny Koabel is a Chartered Professional Accountant and a Certified General Accountant. She is president of president of AKR Consulting Canada – a Mississauga, Ontario, firm specializing in government grants, subsidies, tax credits, refunds and rebates since 2003. For more in-depth information, you can reach Bonny at AKR Consulting Canada at akrconsulting.com.
Thanks for listening to the Canadian Pizza Podcast. Let us know what you think and what you’d like to hear on future podcasts.
Print this page