Bakery Showcase offers tools and inspiration to build up your food-service business
By Canadian PizzaNews Business and Operations In the Kitchen New Products Tools of the Trade Trends editor pick
Bakery Showcase 2022 is set for April 10-11 at Toronto’s Congress Centre! Canada’s national baking industry event – featuring a bustling trade show and conference will feature an exciting lineup of inspirational speakers, education sessions, competitions and demonstrations.
- 100,000 square feet showcasing baked goods (fresh, proof & bake, par-baked, freezer-to-oven, thaw & serve) baking ingredients, equipment, packaging services and technology and experts to help you make smart decisions for your pizzeria or bakery business.
- In “Thriving in a Labour Shortage” experts tackle challenges for Canadian bakeries. This informative session will show you how to get grants and other recuperating funds, how to find and keep skilled employees and how automation can help your restaurant be efficient and less dependent on skilled labour.
- “Learn Your ABCs: The Art and Business of Baking with Cannabis” will bring together experts in baking with cannabis and cannabis licensing to tackle such questions as how do you determine bud freshness and what are the special challenges of using cannabis in baked goods?
- Bakers Journal and founding sponsor Ardent Mills will reveal the Jake the Baker Inspirational Bakery of the Year and present the award in person!
- Justine Martin will share the inspiring story of how she used her creativity, flexibility and communication skills to build a thriving business, Guilty Pleasures Bakery + Catering. Learn how acting on the right opportunity at the right time can mean successfully scaling up.
- Mahathi Mundluru, a contestant on the Great Canadian Baking Show will share why she entered the competition, what it’s like to bake under pressure under the tent and details of her specialties.
See baking.ca for more educational sessions and regular updates!
Print this page