Ardent Mills launches gluten-free and keto-friendly flour blends in Canada
By Canadian PizzaProducts Business and Operations flour gluten-free flour keto
Flour-milling and ingredient company Ardent Mills has launched a certified gluten-free flour blends and keto-friendly flour blends for Canadian baking and pizza businesses.
The company plans to invest further in alternative grain capabilities and diversify its products, building upon its traditional flour business.
According to Ardent Mills, its keto-friendly flour blends can be used as a replacement for conventional flour without compromising taste, texture or functionality, while its new gluten-free flour blends offer ease of use for a variety of formats.
Canada marketing lead Elaine O’Doherty says, “Interest in keto-friendly and gluten-free lifestyles continues to grow as consumers seek solutions that match their personal health values and preferences, according to Ardent Mills’ proprietary research.”
The new flour blends will be available for purchase directly through Ardent Mills Canada and bakery and food-service distributors across Canada.
The new products include:
- Gluten-free 1:1 All-Purpose Flour, which is suited for retail bakeries, wholesale bakeries and food-service operators, and can be used as a one-to-one replacement for conventional flour in most recipe applications without compromising taste, texture or functionality.
- Gluten-free Pizza Flour Blend, which is designed to help food-service and pizza chain operators deliver fresh, great-tasting, gluten-free crusts, including thin, flatbread and pan pizzas.
- Keto-Friendly Flour Blend, which is designed for bread and bakery manufacturers as a keto-friendly flour blend for a broad range of bread and baked goods. The blend was formulated to achieve the right balance of dietary fibres and grains without nuts or nut flour and does contain gluten, which allows customers to run on their current equipment without significant changes.
- Keto-Friendly Pizza Mix, which was developed for food-service and pizza chain operators, this easy-to-use mix was designed for simple back-of-shop operations and is suitable for most crust formats while still providing great taste, texture and crunch.
Print this page
- Zesto Pizza & Grill wins Hot Rocks referral program draw
- Peter Reinhart publishes new pizza cookbook and guide