Applications welcomed for Canada Summer Jobs program
By Canadian PizzaFeatures Business and Operations Staffing
Gatineau, QC – Canadian small businesses can now apply for federal funding to help hire summer students next summer.
The federal ministry of employment, workforce development and labour officially opened the employer application period for the 2018 Canada Summer Jobs program.
Small businesses with 50 or fewer employees, not-for-profit employers and public sector organizations that can provide quality summer jobs for students are invited to apply for funding from the federal government to hire students for next summer, the ministry said in a news release.
Full-time students aged 15 to 30 are eligible for the program.
Employers are invited to submit applications that complement this year’s national priorities:
- Employers who intend to hire youth who are in underrepresented groups, including new immigrant youth/refugees, Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities and visible minorities;
- Small businesses, in recognition of their contribution to the creation of jobs;
- Organizations that support opportunities for official language minority communities;
- Organizations that provide services and/or supports the LGBTQ2 community; and
- Organizations that provide opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Information and Communications Technology (ICT), particularly for women.
Employers are encouraged to submit their applications online by Feb. 2, 2018. For more information, visit Canada.ca/Canada-summer-jobs or visit a Service Canada Centre.
Print this page