Wild Blueberry Pizza
Toronto – If you're looking to add a fruit or dessert to your menu, check out this innovative recipe, which comes courtesy of 2013 Canadian Pizza Chef of the Year Rocco Agostino of Pizzeria Libretto in Toronto in co-operation with the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
· 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
· 1/2 cup wild blueberries
· 1/4 cup sugar
· Zest of 2 lemons
· 2 tbsp honey
· 1 tbsp chopped mint
· 1 pizza dough
1. Mix the sugar and lemon zest and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 F. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
3. Stretch out the dough to 12 inches.
4. Place the mascarpone cheese evenly on the pizza dough.
5. Place the wild blueberries evenly on the pizza.
6. Add 1/2 of the lemon sugar.
7. Place the pizza in the oven and bake until the pizza is cooked at 500 F for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Add the honey and the chopped mint. Cut into four slices and enjoy.
At all Pizzeria Libretto locations, we sell our dough. We recommend using Pizzeria Libretto dough to achieve the same results. However, feel free to try this recipe with your own homemade dough or any store bought version.
This recipe appears courtesy of the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
Seasonal Pizza Challenge new for Canadian Pizza ShowMississauga, Ont. – The countdown to the Canadian Pizza Show…
Upcoming federal budget has small business owners concernedOttawa – On March 22, Finance Minister Bill Morneau will…
Quebec lawyer files request for class action against McDonald's over marketing strategyMontreal – A Montreal lawyer has filed a request for…
Hobart 'Family Game Night' mixer up for grabs at ExpoLas Vegas, NV – Hobart has announced it will give…
Pizza Girls shop to join Halifax's Pizza CornerHalifax – A new pizzeria called Pizza Girls will join…
International Pizza ExpoMon Mar 27, 2017 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Traditional pizza-making courseMon Apr 10, 2017 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Bakery CongressSun Apr 23, 2017 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
SIAL CanadaTue May 02, 2017 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
FIPAN 2017Tue Jul 25, 2017 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Canadian Pizza ShowMon Oct 16, 2017 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm